London Ho!

Take that any way you wish.

Monday, December 01, 2003

UNINSPIRED



I am so uninspired. I have been staring at this website all day, and I have about as much inspiration as the head chef at Taco Bell. (Hey, I have come up with an *entirely new* way of combining beans, cheese, and tortillas!)



I spent all weekend playing with my new toys, and of course taking breaks for shopping and watching more Father Ted. The great thing about ICS is that right now, I don't feel any pressure to create great music, and this frees me up quite a bit to just spend time learning this stuff. How bizarre.



I'm definitely going to turn into a cult person. I already feel myself thinking (and speaking) of ICS with the fervent glow of a recent Amway convert. As long as I don't try to have sex with the founders and their five other wives, I think we're okay. (Considering the fact that I think I'm the only straight person in my lodge, I probably have nothing to worry about. Besides which, they all live in San Francisco.)



I'm at the point now where I'm trying to figure out how to feed the MIDI files back through my keyboard and then into my pre-amp to record them as audio tracks. This seems clunky to me, and I wonder if there's another piece of software that allows you to skip this tedious step.



In other news, I discovered this morning that the top song in the British pop charts last week was from a boyband (Westlife) covering a Barry Manilow tune (Mandy).



I *need* to get out of this country.



Oh, and my sister, Natalie, informs me that I have, and I quote, "exquisitely bad taste." She meant this as a compliment.



I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home