London Ho!

Take that any way you wish.

Thursday, November 20, 2003

F-ING MAJOR



There's a reason that so many bad words begin with the letter "F".



I am sorry, but whoever decided that the F Major chord should be this difficult to play on the guitar...well, he clearly had bigger hands than I do. And f minor isn't any better.



Coincidence? I think not.



I suppose I should look at this as some kind of a backwards compliment. My, what small and dainty hands I have.



Grrr.



I refuse to give in and buy a kid guitar. Refuse!



Fortunately, my friend Mike is giving me string advice and stuff. (I know nothing about guitars, and yet have already developed strong opinions about nylon strings. Namely: I hate them.) Although, his advice included the following:



"Now that I think about it, you're a chick. bring your guitar to the music store, and be nice to the guy behind the counter. he'll tell you more than you ever wanted to know about changing the strings."



Mind you, I have to admit that I am not always above this sort of thing. There may have been one or two occasions in the past involving police officers. It's not so much the idea, I guess, as having a male person of my acquaintance not only recognize that I might be capable of such a thing, but to go as far as to suggest that I might do it.



Hypocritical, yes, and yet I see no problem with that.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home