London Ho!

Take that any way you wish.

Wednesday, November 26, 2003

MY UTTERLY FASCINATING CORRESPONDENCE WITH SARAH



I have decided that instead of giving you a further update on this week's activities, I should just post my correspondence with Sarah, which will then tell you everything you need to know:



FROM: Me

SENT: Monday, 9:36 am



All right, so this is your last chance to tell me if I actually need to buy a *ticket* for Thursday. Being pretty much a charity case myself, ofcourse, I'd obviously rather not have to, but Thursday is, after all, Thanksgiving, and if I can't go home, I may as well go look at women with better bodies than me wearing underwear that will guarantee to make me never want to eat turkey again.



By the way--have you ever been to the London Dungeon? If not, would you like to go sometime? It's cheesy, and something I feel like I have to do.



I spent the weekend holed up with my keyboard and music editing software. I'm pathetic.



FROM: Sarah

SENT: Monday, 11:27 am



Of course you dont need to pay for your ticket. But I will abuse you for it
:-)



Im finally sorting out credit card payments and so forth so I will need you and reza (and hopefully Niall and Simon) to man the donation booth



London Dun sounds fun. Never done it ... tho of course I may be too scared to do it!



And no, not pathetic. Spent my weekend sleeping - with the exception of a couple of hours when I went round to Lolis (between 10 and 1am cos she is spanish lol)



Are you free at all on Wed evening too? Cos I want to take you and Reza through the credit cards etc and show you venue!



S



FROM: Me

SENT: Monday, 11:31 am




Absolutely! I have nothing to do Wednesday night either, so I'll plan on spending both Wednesday and Thursday with you.



And actually, like I was saying earlier, I think I'd actually prefer to have some kind of official duty so that I don't end up standing around feeling like an idiot. Just please, for the love of God, don't place me too close to any underwear models, because I *so* don't need that kind of "compare and contrast" action going on.



Please don't forget to bring a drool guard for Reza.



FROM: Sarah

SENT: Monday, 11:34 am



LOL



Brian (Irish man you met at the last one) said he would come but couldn't pay...



Told him I could guarantee him the show and the canapés .. but drinks only if he had sharp enough elbows to show the skinny people out the way LOL



S



FROM: Me

SENT: Monday, 11:48 am



Something to remember about me: I am rubbish with names. I think it wasn't until after your birthday party that I could reliably remember that Reza was called Reza. All weekend at the airshow just served to give me a vague recollection that there was some guy that I'd seen with a red bucket.



Brian could be anyone.



Which isn't to say that I'm not sure he's quite a lovely person, but it's like you and Gillian Anderson. I'm sure she's lovely as well. Who the heck she is, on the other hand, is a completely different story.



We will have to discuss The Dungeon when you are no longer consumed by underwear duties.



FROM: Sarah

SENT: Monday, 12:34 pm



see, totally understand the name thing. Im just as bad.



He was the man I brought over late in the evening (when we sat down on those benchie thingies) and you and he (and his rather quieter wife) spoke about American politics. He even said that he offered to lend you his bowling for colombine DVD as you didnt have it (he emailed to ask me for your email but is rather busy so probably hasnt been in touch).



Kinda biggish guy. Rather shy auburn haired wife...



hope that helps with the bell ringing.



FROM: Me

SENT: Monday, 12:36 pm



Ah!



Okay, I even have his business card. Wait a tick, here it is: Brian Gilliland. Nice guy--we chatted for quite some time.



That's how pathetic I am.



I sent him an email, actually, but ten bucks says he thought it was spam because he didn't recognize the name.



Yes, it's true. I forgot the name of someone I *emailed*.



Oh, and promise me I don't *actually* have to watch rich people "dancing" to a "DJ".



Good lord.



FROM: Sarah

SENT: Monday, 12:46 pm



ha ha ha



The donation booth is at a right angle to the dance floor LOL



Not so much forgot the name of as well...



forgot the name of the person in the context.



Its bizarre, just like mobile phones mean that you don't have to remember anyone's phone number, email kinda means that you dont need to remember their name. Its all just a click away. LOL



And our brains just get smaller and smaller. ... Maybe it is a plot :-)



Sarah



FROM: Sarah

SENT: Wednesday, 10:17 am



Hi there,



So have plan!



How about we meet up at Fulham Broadway Station?



Ive checked online and it should only take 25 minutes to go from Baker Street to FB and on the return should take 35 minutes to get home to Camden Town.



Is that a good plan?



I was also thinking about Christmas, and tho I will still possibly go to my godmother's I was thinking of possibly doiing what Ive always thought I would do but never got arround to ... which is volunteering over christmas at a shelter. (there are mobile units which dispense food, but also places like Crisis which not only do food, but also accommodation which have internet centres etc etc. Toying even with the Help the Aged...



Whatcha think?



S



FROM: Me

SENT: Wednesday, 10:20 am



I think that sounds like a great plan! Both plans, actually. It's not that I mind going far, it's just that if I were to try to get to Chelsea, it would probably take until 10 pm, and by then everyone would have gone home. I should probably be able to get to Fulham Broadway at around 6:45.



I think working at a shelter would also be fab. If you decide to do that, count me in.



FROM: Sarah

SENT: Wednesday, 10:44 am



Wasnt questioning your ability to travel, but yeah getting together earlier rather then later is a good thing cos well.. its going to be big tomorrow.



What time is the earliest that you can make it tomorrow? (so I can tell Vijay)



S



FROM: Me

SENT: Wednesday, 10:52 am



I think I should make it there at about 7. Is that all right?



I knew you knew I could get around--I just wanted to make it clear that The Spirit is Willing but the Tube is Weak.



FROM: Sarah

SENT: Wednesday, 10:49 am



Perfect, thats when I thought we would meet.



There is a Starbucks on the groundfloor (in the station) and Reza proposes we meet there. There are a number of bars, but also a nice Thai place actually in the station.



See you at seven then!



S



FROM: Me

SENT: Wednesday, 11:00 am



Woot woot!



Sounds perfect.



Reza proposes? Hurrah!



Actually, the sad thing is that I've realised that dating Reza would be like dating a twelve-year-old. I have no idea why, but it just is.



I suspect you feel the same way.



So sad.



I have no doubt, however, that if Pierce Brosnan really *does* show up on Thursday, he will decide that he cannot live without me, dump whoever he might currently be with, and beg me to allow him to shower me with gifts and, of course, money.



We don't need to have sex. He can just sit in the corner and look pretty.



I hope you're prepared for this eventuality, since it's bound to happen.




FROM: Sarah

SENT: Wednesday, 11:05 am



BOUND to happen I tell you.



On the other hand one of the male models (wearing only his pringle kilt of course) will suddenly discover that he likes women after all and lust after me. There will be no money, and probably no gifts. But he is not allowed to just sit in the corner and look pretty LOL



You are SO going to laugh at the other doctor thats volunteering. Ravi (I know Ravi and Reza - they should start a pop group LOL they could keep saying "doctors inda house!!")



ROTLFL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home