London Ho!

Take that any way you wish.

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

MY CAR HAS A BUTT SENSOR

It's true. The seatbelt sign only comes on if there is a person in a seat who is not wearing a seatbelt. So clearly, there is a seatbelt sensor that indicates whether or not the seatbelt is fastened, and there must also be a butt sensor to check if there is a butt in the seat in question.

I'm sure they have some pleasant-sounding euphemism for this. They probably call it a "pressure sensor" or "secondary seatbelt detection unit," but the real truth is that my car is equipped with more than one butt sensor.

I like to imagine a board room out there somewhere, with a bunch of marketing people trying out cutesy marketing-type names and taglines for this. "JAGUAR - NOW WITH ARSENSE(TM)". I know it isn't true, and yet it makes me happy.

4 Comments:

  • At 2:46 PM, Blogger michael said…

    bethel m'dear,

    you're using the word "butt" a lot in this here blog. is there something you'd like to talk about?

    butts, maybe?

    :o)

    x m

     
  • At 8:09 AM, Blogger Simone said…

    Honey, I *always* want to talk about butts!

     
  • At 7:59 AM, Blogger michael said…

    oh, bethel, i miss you.

    i spoke with jean spinosa at sugar valley and we both reminisced about when you used to live in the bay area.

    sigh.

    *and* it's so cool that your life is turning out so beautifully (in so many ways) there.

    the bunnies, for instance. the bunnies are beautiful. the garden is turning out to be a total delight. and mike! we love mike!

    i have to admit i chuckled a little bit when you said "the garden's a bit dry". if you want to see a parched garden, look no further than my backyard. i haven't had the time to get out there, and it's a sad dry mess.

    it rained a little a few days ago and the garden and i were so happy.

    awright. fings wot i stowl from work.

    chuckle.

    x m

     
  • At 8:23 AM, Blogger Simone said…

    Aww, I miss you guys so much. I wish I could somehow transport the Bay Area over here, so that I could combine the ease of getting around Europe with the people I love most in the world.

    I love Jean. She is one of those rare women who manages to combine being just about the coolest person I've ever met with also being one of the most lovely, purely good people I've ever met. And she's gorgeous. All of that, and it's impossible to hate her.

    I wanna barbie doll!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home