London Ho!

Take that any way you wish.

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

FAUNA

As I mentioned, a couple of weeks ago, a homing pigeon landed at work and displayed no intention of leaving. We looked up the information on t'Internet, and it said that they often stop for a bit and rest, but if a bird is in one place for more than 48 hours, it starts to think of it as its new home. So we let it sit for a bit, and then I called the owners (the number was on its tag) and arranged to have them pick it up.

Here is Rodney:



The hilarious thing is that the owners couldn't come and pick him up themselves, so they sent Amtrak, (they have a service over here like DHL or FedEx) and they came with one of their special pigeon boxes and picked him up.

Yes, Amtrak has special boxes just for shipping pigeons.

I FedExed a bird.

So, he's gone now, and if he shows back up, he can just consider himself a wild bird at this point.

Next!

I have been trying to avoid disturbing the baby frogs in the garden, but I couldn't resist. I had to pick one up to take a photo of it for here. I still haven't figured out how to use the manual focus on my camera, so I am afraid the focus is all out again. Also, I didn't want to traumatize the poor little guy any further, so I didn't use flash. But I put him in a bowl, and took two pictures of him next to a penny. A UK penny is the same size as an American penny, so I thought this would be a good reference point:






As you can see, baby frogs are just about the cutest things EVER.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home