London Ho!

Take that any way you wish.

Monday, October 09, 2006

Tits

I have just discovered that what I've been calling "chickadees" in the back garden are the same birds Mike is referring to as "tits." I knew about the little blue tits, but as it turns out, the Great Tit looks almost identical to a Chickadee.


Great Tit



Chickadee


(The colors on those photos make it look like the Great Tit is significantly brighter, but it's just the pictures--in reality, they're quite similar).

Chickadees and Tits are the same bird family, evidently, and I think there are some birds which are called chickadees in the U.S. that are called tits everywhere else.

...and that's my language lesson for the day.

Incidentally, when Mike and I went camping, I was wearing a blue jacket, and he bought me a Blue Tit pin. He thought he was being funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home