London Ho!

Take that any way you wish.

Wednesday, January 01, 2003

ANNOYING ROOMMATES



I just realized that I didn't tell you about the annoying things my roommate did over the last three days, and I can tell you're just dying to know.



Actually, it has more to do with the fact that he does annoying things constantly, and I never post about them, so I'm afraid that it looks like every now and then I have a fit for no good reason at all.



He went out of town for three days for the New Year holiday--and left a sinkful of dishes and laundry in the washing machine. This may not seem like such a big deal, but the dishes meant that I had the choice of watching things rot in the sink or doing his dishes, and if I wanted to wash clothes myself, I'd have to do something with his clothes that were in the washing machine.



Whenever he comes home and I have laundry in the washing machine or dryer, he makes put-out noises and asks when I'll be through with them because he has "lots of laundry to do, and really needs to get it done." Every single time. So, of course, I had laundry in the dryer when he got home this morning, and he asked in a put-out voice if I was finished with the washing machine now, because he had lots of laundry to do and really needed to get it done.



I am so sick of him.



I think the main reason the dishes thing bothers me so much is that he tries so frequently to get me to do his dishes. And I don't cook because it takes dishes. I'm serious. I have sandwiches, because that means all I have to dirty is a knife. And he makes full meals, with a pot or pan for the entree, vegetables, pasta, etc., and he uses several plates and there is a minimum of two teacups. Which is not any of my business except for the fact that he wants the woman who uses one knife per day and washes it herself to do his dishes for him.



All right, I'll stop complaining now.



Oh, dear. There are some really loud, annoying Americans in here. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize on behalf of my entire country. They seem oblivious to the fact that no British people are standing on opposite sides of the Internet cafe, shouting to one another.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home