London Ho!

Take that any way you wish.

Sunday, June 09, 2002

BEANS AND BOYS



All right, so far both Laura and Natalie have given me names for the little ceremonial cube of pork at the top of a can of Pork and Beans.



Laura informs me that in her house, they refer to it as The Queen Bean.



And Natalie correctly pointed out that since, "Chaderd...chaderd...if I am not very much mistaken, 'chaderd' is the Egyptian word for 'to eat fat,'" that either 'cha' or 'derd' must be the correct word.



There is a woman standing outside the Internet cafe, who looks so much like Charity that I have had a hard time convincing myself that it is not her. I know she is in Spokane. I know this. And yet, this person looks *exactly* like her. The only reason I know it is not her is that I know for certain that Charity is not here. This is so weird.



Incidentally, I am wearing an old sweater of Charity's today. It is grey cashmere--please thank her for it, Natalie. It is very soft and comfy, and has become a staple of my wardrobe in the last few days.



Doesn't 'wardrobe' sound so attractive and glorious? If you could see what I'm wearing, you'd laugh.



Anyway, Peter the housemate came back yesterday. Everything is doom and gloom as far as he is concerned, which is just par for the course. He was on vacation all last week. He had planned this week with a woman who he claims is "just a friend" which of course means that he has a thing for her.



At any rate, he got sick halfway through the vacation, and he said that he felt badly for her, but that he was glad she was there because she waited on him most of the time, making him meals and stuff because he was sick. Since his return, he has camped on the couch in bathrobe and with duvet, making miserable noises. I made him some tea and then left because he kept hinting at being taken care of, and I'm sort of wary of doing anything that might come off as too friendly.



So I've been here at this Internet Cafe, trying to convince myself to send off more resumes, which in case I have not mentioned, I am highly sick of. Sick sick sick sick. There was this brief period of time earlier when I was feeling really sad about having to leave here and go back to the US, but then Matthew called me and cheered me up.



He is being so nice, and I am so grateful. We're going to go see some Shakespeare next week, at an open-air theatre that is a replica of the one that his plays were originally performed in. This was his idea, and it just sounds so fantastic. The play goes on even if it rains, so I have to remember to dress appropriately.



He is being so nice.



Leave it to me to start falling for someone three weeks after we've broken up, and two weeks before I leave the country.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home