London Ho!

Take that any way you wish.

Tuesday, November 26, 2002

PUBLIC PLACES AND BATHING



What is it about public places and people who frequent them having bathing issues? I swear, the Internet cafe literally smells like...well, let's just say it's not Teen Spirit.



I've spent the last few days trying to turn my computer into something more useful than a $3000 paperweight. Something...exploded. I think it is the AC power adapter, (adaptor?) which I'm sure will cost me dearly. Oy.



I was in the process of trying to connect to the Internet with one of those free AOL disks. When Peter saw me using the telephone, he about hit the roof. He got very angry and upset and talked to me about it. Lately I have been trying not to say too much about him here, because it seems like he might read it someday and I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, but I swear one of these days I'm going to hit him over the head. As everyone within shouting distance of me knows, the current thing threatening to drive me mad is the thing with the bathtub.



He gets up on Saturdays somewhere between 9 and 9:30, and draws a bath. Then he doesn't see any reason to, say, get *into* the now-full bathtub until somewhere between 11 am and noon. He has even mentioned that he is aware that this ties up the bathroom, but after apologising, he just continues. He'll apologise sometimes during the very period of time--at, say, 10:30 am, say that he's about to jump in the tub, and then he still doesn't for another hour or so.



Grrrrrr.



Anyway, I probably wouldn't mind the thing with the telephone if it wasn't just one more little way in which nobody else's needs are ever even considered.



I mean, yes, he has told me that I can feel free to install DSL in the house and pay for a full year, and he'll be happy if I do, because he would like to use it too.



Grrr.



All right, I'm going to shut up now.



On the bright side, I finally contacted Laurence, and we're going out on Thursday. Thanksgiving! I might have to subject him to turkey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home